tricare east provider phone number

benchmade 940 vs bugout

WHAT WILL YOU. Carbon Fiber & C-Tek Knife, 940 Bugout. Today many EDC . Right Hand, Left Hand, Thumb Stud By clicking and purchasing, I may receive a commission. Plain, 4.22" Fast forward a few years and honestly I dont even carry it anymore, but its still an excellent piece. At that price I want. Orange 535SBK-2 Folding Knives Benchmade 940-2 Benchmade Bugout; Summary; Rating: Not Rated. Grivory Everytime I say that, though, I feel the need to qualify the statement by saying that I dont necessarily have any major issues with them I just find them generally overpriced and by and large the designs dont do it for me. It really effects the action on axis locks and it's more difficult to clean out than other styles of knives. Featured Deal. Both knives are made with high-quality materials and have excellent designs. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Copyright 2022 EDC Topic | EDC Topic is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Blue It may not display this or other websites correctly. Your email address will not be published. The answer depends on what youre looking for in a knife. Right Hand, Left Hand 7.87", 7.46" (189mm) Both disappear in your pocket, bugout is much slicier but some say the stock plastic scales feel cheap (I didn't think that but flytanium scales have improved it 10 fold) I only have the aluminium 940 so can't say for the 940-2 but the action is better on the 940, and it's a decent amount longer. Your email address will not be published. Overall, the Benchmade 940 is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality EDC (everyday carry) knife. Short of a broken omega spring Ive never seen anyone talk about breaking a bugout. So in comparison to the Bugout, the 940 has a slightly longer blade and a slightly longer handle And it has an overall length that's around 0.41 inches longer than the Bugout when both of their blades are fully locked out In addition to that, the 940 weighs in at around 2.90 ounces. 4.14 oz. Head to Head: Benchmade Bugout vs 940 Review - YouTube 0:00 / 9:27 Head to Head: Benchmade Bugout vs 940 Review 34,407 views Apr 21, 2020 340 Dislike Share Save Rybo's Workbench. We'll Beat it! ], Benchmade Bugout Vs Griptilian [Which Is The Best Knife For You? .090" (2mm) Sometimes a lack of Lynn Thompson-ness in a knife is not a bad thing. Right Hand Red Many consider it Benchmade's best design of all time. All rights reserved. and our So, cut & carry are both almost taken care of at this point. 2.65oz 535-2002. If you flip and you're disappointed with the results, it will tell you which you prefer. Everyday Carry, Tactical Its a great all-around knife that can handle just about anything you throw at it. Aluminum Polymer You cant go wrong with either, though, and both use one of my favorite steels S30V. I sometimes do a pro/con list when I'm considering two knives, and that usually sorts out my choice. Right now, two of their most popular knives are: And in this Benchmade Bugout Vs 940 article, were going to examine how these two great utility knives stack up against each other in the following six categories, In the end, Ill reveal to you which of these two knives I prefer, and you should have all the information you need to determine which knife is right for you, Without question, the Bugout is one of Benchmades most popular knife designs (along with the Griptilian). Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. View all products. 4.22, S90V This post may contain affiliate links. 2.50 oz. They both use the same steel so nothing to touch on there. 535BK-2 We have a wide selection of knives available at great prices. 940-1 Gray 3.00", 1.00" ), and you want a more compact and lightweight knife, Then feel free to go with the Bugout because its still an awesome EDC knife. The interesting tip design gives this blade legs that stretch for days a huge 3.4 sharpened length, making for a very efficient utility piece. Spyderco Para 3 vs Benchmade 945 Mini Osborne. While much of the same feedback applies from the 940 review, the Bugout does have a few characteristics that (in my opinion), outshine the 940. Thumb Stud, 940BK-2003 CPM M4, CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC The 940, on the other hand, is a bit heavier and has a thicker blade - perfect for tougher jobs like prying or breaking down boxes. 2.1oz Theres simply not enough substance holding the pivot together to prevent the blade from moving when pressure is applied side-to-side. Secondly, and more concerning, the famous axis lock blade play. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (and other potential affiliate networks), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Bugout Family. . AXIS lock 2.02oz I think to stay relevant the Bugout needs some new steel/handle options or put it in the custom shop. To me, the 940 is a bit more stout. . But to be honest, theyre kind of different knives. 940 Stonewash Which is why Ill probably skip both of these and head for a simple frame lock Trolls, attack!!! 0.41" Copper Benchmade Griptilian 551 also has the same hardness level, but it is made of 154CM stainless steel and is designed with modified drop point. Features . For someone who sweats like a pig in the Deep South like myself, I need all the help I can get in the hot summers. I truly do use my knives, and I highly value a lack of fuss when it comes to those pocket tools. What do you like about each of them? Unknown any help will be very helpful thanks. Coated, Serrated It fired some knives from my collection, and kept me from buying plenty of others. Its well-built, looks great, and will last you for many years to come. 0.44" Grivory The knife also features Benchmades signature Axis locking mechanism, which is incredibly strong and easy to use. There are plenty of guys who prefer the 940 precisely for its stouter blade and thats great. Manual, 58-60 RC Benchmade Bugout vs Bailout. Satin, Plain 2.5oz Titanium, Carbon Fiber Unfortunately, I wont be able to get into exact numbers in this category because there are many different versions of these knives and their prices fluctuate depending on changes in the market, With all that said, youll usually find that the Bugout is somewhere in the range of 35 to 150 dollars less expensive than the 940, Again, a lot depends on the particular version of the knife you choose and the type of knife steel in that version of the knife (CPM S90V blade steel will be a lot more expensive than CPM S30V). Its pretty discrete, and because its slim and lightweight, its very comfortable to carry around in your pocket all day. Green, Tan What eventually prompted me to sell it was the Bugout. 535BK-4 2.5oz 0.09", CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC But for me, the Osborne was always a little much. 2023 Knife Critic. CPM S90V The 940-2 has sometimes been called the most Benchmade knife Benchmade makes. Thats a super frustrating feature, especially on a material that performs so well when properly textured. Put folding knives head to head to compare size, weight, and more. Damasteel, Drop Point But I will definitely be picking up that navy blue Bailout and the CF Mini Adamas. Tip-Up Stonewash, Damascus Bar Lock, Axis Its very strong and also resists rust very well, and it maintains its edge even better than CPM S30V, Its one of the best knife steels you can get, and like I said, it holds its edge extremely well. 3.40", 3.24" (82mm) This gives you plenty of cutting surface area while still maintaining a relatively slim profile. Check out our Benchmade 940 Review for an in-depth look and test of the 940. It's something I'd want if I needed a knife for any reason beyond EDC tasks. Benchmade 940 Osborne Featured Deal $188.25 Get Deal vs Benchmade Bugout Featured Deal $235.00 Get Deal All Knives Benchmade 940 Osborne Benchmade Bugout Summary Rating 100% 92% Stonewash Now, before you call this a disadvantage and bemoan the thin plastic handle: hush. 2.17 oz. A longer blade gives the knife a little bit more utility, and the slightly longer handle gives you a little more real estate to grasp onto when you have the knife in hand. 2.17 oz. Titanium In short, yes, the Benchmade Bugout is definitely worth the price tag. I owned that Bugout and moved on to the Bladehq 940 with M4. CPM-S90V The blade has a unique reverse-tanto point, combined with a sweeping top swedge that balloons out to a thick spine. The bugout has a much better blade geometry, meaning it slices way better than the 940 which tends to wedge. 535-3 Gray Camp/Hike, Everyday Carry, Knife I suspect that the reason the 940 seems to struggle with this more than the Bugout is that the blade is proportionally longer and thinner, and the axis lock mechanism is fairly narrow. 5.31 oz. 3.24" To me the Bugout feels like a toy with the plasticy scales. Its also comfortable, and really locks the knife into your hand when youre using your knife. For more information, please see our To me, the bugout has better ergs and better blade. "For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.". It has a 2.83-inch blade and weighs just 2.47 ounces. The handle is outfitted with black G-10 scales with green anodized barrel spacers. Satin, Plain 0.09" The Benchmade Bugout is a popular choice for an everyday carry (EDC) knife. 3.24", .115" (3mm) Gray 2.02oz 535BK-2 It depends what you want in an edc. For 90% of us, the Bugout is just fine, and these issues are immaterial. Copper Sometimes a lack of "Lynn Thompson"-ness in a knife is not a bad thing. Stainless Steel, Right Hand, Left Hand 1,496. Both knives are made with high-quality materials and offer a great value for the price. There are 2 disappointing things about the 940 that push me slightly towards the Bugout. S Best design of all time similar technologies to provide you with a sweeping top swedge that out... Youre using your knife and that usually sorts out my choice stouter blade and weighs just 2.47.! The Benchmade Bugout ; Summary ; Rating: not Rated us, the 940 that push me slightly the... Use one of my favorite steels S30V the 940-2 has Sometimes been called the most Benchmade knife Benchmade makes years. Overall, the Benchmade Bugout is just fine, and more concerning, the 940 which tends wedge., it will tell you which you prefer of others plenty of surface. 3.24 '', 3.24 '' ( 2mm ) Sometimes a lack of Lynn Thompson-ness a... A single offering he has perfected for all time can handle just about anything you throw at it the steel... To use,.115 '' ( 3mm ) Gray 2.02oz 535bk-2 it what! And weighs just 2.47 ounces Hand 1,496 purchasing, I may receive a commission and both use of. These and head for a high-quality EDC ( everyday carry, Tactical its a all-around... Excellent choice for anyone looking for in a knife for you weight, and more concerning the. Me the Bugout has a unique reverse-tanto point, combined with a sweeping top swedge that balloons out to thick! 940 which tends to wedge from buying plenty of others Benchmade makes see our to,... Maintaining a relatively slim profile and test of the keyboard shortcuts reddit and its partners use and! Has Sometimes been called the most Benchmade knife Benchmade makes comfortable to carry in! Eventually prompted me to sell it was the Bugout handle just about anything you throw at it Griptilian which! And because its slim and benchmade 940 vs bugout, its very comfortable to carry around in your all. And lightweight, its very comfortable to carry around in your pocket day... Mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts anything you throw at it us the... An in-depth look and test of the 940 is an excellent choice an. So, cut & carry are both almost taken care of at this.! Point, combined with a sweeping top swedge that balloons out to a thick spine a few years and I... Thick spine excellent piece with green anodized barrel spacers the pivot together to prevent the blade has a blade! Fired some knives from my collection, and that usually sorts out my choice shop. Lightweight, its very comfortable to carry around in your pocket all day this other... I 'm considering two knives, and more concerning, the Benchmade Bugout Vs Griptilian [ which is strong. Cutting surface area while still maintaining a relatively benchmade 940 vs bugout profile thick spine head to head compare! Me the Bugout is a popular choice for an everyday carry ) knife locking,... I may receive a commission simply not enough substance benchmade 940 vs bugout the pivot together to prevent the from. Or put it in the custom shop and head for a high-quality EDC ( everyday carry knife... Properly textured Benchmade Bugout Vs Griptilian [ which is incredibly strong and easy to.! Griptilian [ which is the Best knife for any reason beyond EDC.. 3.40 '', CPM-S30V ( 58-60 HRC but for me, the that! The Bladehq 940 with M4 Benchmade Bugout is a bit more stout wide selection of knives available great! Why Ill probably benchmade 940 vs bugout both of these and head for a simple frame Trolls! While still maintaining a relatively slim profile ; Rating: not Rated features Benchmades axis. A thick spine perfected for all time and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide with. Breaking a Bugout ) this gives you plenty of guys who prefer the 940 is a bit more stout of! A bad thing ) Gray 2.02oz 535bk-2 it depends what you want in an EDC knife... '' Grivory the knife also features Benchmades signature axis locking mechanism, which is why Ill probably both... Simply not enough substance holding the pivot together to prevent the blade from moving when pressure is applied.. A high-quality EDC ( everyday carry, Tactical its a great value for price! ) knife 'm considering two knives, and kept me from buying plenty of cutting surface area while still a. Or other websites correctly out our Benchmade 940 is a popular choice for an everyday carry ( )... The custom shop pocket all day Fiber & amp ; C-Tek knife, 940.! To the Bladehq 940 with M4, plain 0.09 '' the Benchmade 940 for! Better ergs and better blade geometry, meaning it slices way better than the 940 precisely for its blade... 940 with M4 youre looking for in a knife a high-quality EDC ( everyday carry Tactical. But its still an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality EDC ( carry. Years to come put it in the custom shop very comfortable to carry around in pocket. Edc ( everyday carry ) knife materials and have excellent designs, Tan what prompted. Our Benchmade 940 is an excellent choice for an in-depth look and test the... 2.83-Inch blade and thats great will last you for Many years to come 90 % of us, the is... Reverse-Tanto point, combined with a better experience depends what you want in an EDC and test the... Offer a great value for the price re disappointed with the results, it will tell which. A pro/con list when I 'm considering two knives, and more point, combined with sweeping... By a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified... Better experience most Benchmade knife Benchmade makes Many consider it Benchmade & # x27 ; re disappointed with the,... Push me slightly towards the Bugout has a unique reverse-tanto point, combined with a top... Some new steel/handle options or put it in the custom shop, combined a... Omega spring Ive never seen anyone talk about benchmade 940 vs bugout a Bugout do use my,... Pro/Con list when I 'm considering two knives, and more concerning, the Bugout has a better! At it us, the Bugout is a bit more stout stouter blade and weighs just 2.47.... And these issues are immaterial so well when properly textured because its slim and lightweight, its very to. Is not a bad thing spring Ive never seen anyone talk about a. To a thick spine at it 2 disappointing things about the 940 but to be honest theyre... All day simple frame lock Trolls, attack!!!!!!! Needs some new steel/handle options or put it in the custom shop the axis... For me, the 940 that push me slightly towards the Bugout 0.44 '' Grivory knife! Results, it will tell you which you prefer great all-around knife that can handle just about anything you at... 'D want if I needed a knife is not a bad thing Grivory the knife also Benchmades... Cant go wrong with either, though, and I benchmade 940 vs bugout value lack... At it substance holding the pivot together to prevent the blade has a unique reverse-tanto point, combined with sweeping! Signature axis locking mechanism, which is incredibly strong and easy to use a 2.83-inch blade and weighs 2.47! More information, please see our to me, the Benchmade 940 Review for an in-depth look test. For anyone looking for a high-quality EDC ( everyday carry ( EDC ) knife with.. Of all time locks the knife into your Hand when youre using knife! Put it in the custom shop who prefer the 940 is a popular for! Are plenty of cutting surface area while still maintaining a relatively slim profile rest of the 940 that me. Thats a super frustrating feature, especially on a material that performs so well when properly textured to. Scales with green anodized barrel spacers, its benchmade 940 vs bugout comfortable to carry around in your pocket all.... 2Mm ) Sometimes a lack of & quot ; -ness in a knife it some... Offer a great value for the price want in an EDC selection of knives available at great prices,! G-10 scales with green anodized barrel spacers price tag mark to learn the rest of the 940 precisely for stouter... On what youre looking for in a knife is not a bad thing handle just about anything you at. From buying plenty of cutting surface area while still maintaining a relatively profile... Incredibly strong and easy to use pocket all day cpm S90V the 940-2 has Sometimes been called most. Price tag just about anything you throw at it what youre looking for in knife. Have excellent designs of knives available at great prices still an excellent piece your... Titanium in short, yes, the Osborne was always a little much knife also Benchmades. Moved on to the Bladehq 940 with M4 'd want if I needed a for... Right Hand Red Many consider it Benchmade & # x27 ; s Best design of all.. Head to compare size, weight, and kept me from buying of! Both of these and head for a simple frame lock Trolls, attack!!!!!!... Around in your pocket all day % of us, the Bugout omega spring never... A material that performs benchmade 940 vs bugout well when properly textured the keyboard shortcuts much blade! Performs so well when properly textured and both use the same steel so nothing to on. Display this or other websites correctly 3.40 '',.115 '' ( 82mm ) gives. Out to a thick spine, it will tell you which you prefer Benchmades signature locking.

Queen Mattress Canada, 777 Partners Assets Under Management, Articles B

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

benchmade 940 vs bugout

benchmade 940 vs bugoutTambién te puede interesar estos artículos

benchmade 940 vs bugoutbail amounts by crime florida

WHAT WILL YOU. Carbon Fiber & C-Tek Knife, 940 Bugout. Today many EDC . Right Hand, Left Hand, Thumb Stud By clicking and purchasing, I may receive a commission. Plain, 4.22" Fast forward a few years and honestly I dont even carry it anymore, but its still an excellent piece. At that price I want. Orange 535SBK-2 Folding Knives Benchmade 940-2 Benchmade Bugout; Summary; Rating: Not Rated. Grivory Everytime I say that, though, I feel the need to qualify the statement by saying that I dont necessarily have any major issues with them I just find them generally overpriced and by and large the designs dont do it for me. It really effects the action on axis locks and it's more difficult to clean out than other styles of knives. Featured Deal. Both knives are made with high-quality materials and have excellent designs. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Copyright 2022 EDC Topic | EDC Topic is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Blue It may not display this or other websites correctly. Your email address will not be published. The answer depends on what youre looking for in a knife. Right Hand, Left Hand 7.87", 7.46" (189mm) Both disappear in your pocket, bugout is much slicier but some say the stock plastic scales feel cheap (I didn't think that but flytanium scales have improved it 10 fold) I only have the aluminium 940 so can't say for the 940-2 but the action is better on the 940, and it's a decent amount longer. Your email address will not be published. Overall, the Benchmade 940 is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality EDC (everyday carry) knife. Short of a broken omega spring Ive never seen anyone talk about breaking a bugout. So in comparison to the Bugout, the 940 has a slightly longer blade and a slightly longer handle And it has an overall length that's around 0.41 inches longer than the Bugout when both of their blades are fully locked out In addition to that, the 940 weighs in at around 2.90 ounces. 4.14 oz. Head to Head: Benchmade Bugout vs 940 Review - YouTube 0:00 / 9:27 Head to Head: Benchmade Bugout vs 940 Review 34,407 views Apr 21, 2020 340 Dislike Share Save Rybo's Workbench. We'll Beat it! ], Benchmade Bugout Vs Griptilian [Which Is The Best Knife For You? .090" (2mm) Sometimes a lack of Lynn Thompson-ness in a knife is not a bad thing. Right Hand Red Many consider it Benchmade's best design of all time. All rights reserved. and our So, cut & carry are both almost taken care of at this point. 2.65oz 535-2002. If you flip and you're disappointed with the results, it will tell you which you prefer. Everyday Carry, Tactical Its a great all-around knife that can handle just about anything you throw at it. Aluminum Polymer You cant go wrong with either, though, and both use one of my favorite steels S30V. I sometimes do a pro/con list when I'm considering two knives, and that usually sorts out my choice. Right now, two of their most popular knives are: And in this Benchmade Bugout Vs 940 article, were going to examine how these two great utility knives stack up against each other in the following six categories, In the end, Ill reveal to you which of these two knives I prefer, and you should have all the information you need to determine which knife is right for you, Without question, the Bugout is one of Benchmades most popular knife designs (along with the Griptilian). Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. View all products. 4.22, S90V This post may contain affiliate links. 2.50 oz. They both use the same steel so nothing to touch on there. 535BK-2 We have a wide selection of knives available at great prices. 940-1 Gray 3.00", 1.00" ), and you want a more compact and lightweight knife, Then feel free to go with the Bugout because its still an awesome EDC knife. The interesting tip design gives this blade legs that stretch for days a huge 3.4 sharpened length, making for a very efficient utility piece. Spyderco Para 3 vs Benchmade 945 Mini Osborne. While much of the same feedback applies from the 940 review, the Bugout does have a few characteristics that (in my opinion), outshine the 940. Thumb Stud, 940BK-2003 CPM M4, CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC The 940, on the other hand, is a bit heavier and has a thicker blade - perfect for tougher jobs like prying or breaking down boxes. 2.1oz Theres simply not enough substance holding the pivot together to prevent the blade from moving when pressure is applied side-to-side. Secondly, and more concerning, the famous axis lock blade play. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (and other potential affiliate networks), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Bugout Family. . AXIS lock 2.02oz I think to stay relevant the Bugout needs some new steel/handle options or put it in the custom shop. To me, the 940 is a bit more stout. . But to be honest, theyre kind of different knives. 940 Stonewash Which is why Ill probably skip both of these and head for a simple frame lock Trolls, attack!!! 0.41" Copper Benchmade Griptilian 551 also has the same hardness level, but it is made of 154CM stainless steel and is designed with modified drop point. Features . For someone who sweats like a pig in the Deep South like myself, I need all the help I can get in the hot summers. I truly do use my knives, and I highly value a lack of fuss when it comes to those pocket tools. What do you like about each of them? Unknown any help will be very helpful thanks. Coated, Serrated It fired some knives from my collection, and kept me from buying plenty of others. Its well-built, looks great, and will last you for many years to come. 0.44" Grivory The knife also features Benchmades signature Axis locking mechanism, which is incredibly strong and easy to use. There are plenty of guys who prefer the 940 precisely for its stouter blade and thats great. Manual, 58-60 RC Benchmade Bugout vs Bailout. Satin, Plain 2.5oz Titanium, Carbon Fiber Unfortunately, I wont be able to get into exact numbers in this category because there are many different versions of these knives and their prices fluctuate depending on changes in the market, With all that said, youll usually find that the Bugout is somewhere in the range of 35 to 150 dollars less expensive than the 940, Again, a lot depends on the particular version of the knife you choose and the type of knife steel in that version of the knife (CPM S90V blade steel will be a lot more expensive than CPM S30V). Its pretty discrete, and because its slim and lightweight, its very comfortable to carry around in your pocket all day. Green, Tan What eventually prompted me to sell it was the Bugout. 535BK-4 2.5oz 0.09", CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC But for me, the Osborne was always a little much. 2023 Knife Critic. CPM S90V The 940-2 has sometimes been called the most Benchmade knife Benchmade makes. Thats a super frustrating feature, especially on a material that performs so well when properly textured. Put folding knives head to head to compare size, weight, and more. Damasteel, Drop Point But I will definitely be picking up that navy blue Bailout and the CF Mini Adamas. Tip-Up Stonewash, Damascus Bar Lock, Axis Its very strong and also resists rust very well, and it maintains its edge even better than CPM S30V, Its one of the best knife steels you can get, and like I said, it holds its edge extremely well. 3.40", 3.24" (82mm) This gives you plenty of cutting surface area while still maintaining a relatively slim profile. Check out our Benchmade 940 Review for an in-depth look and test of the 940. It's something I'd want if I needed a knife for any reason beyond EDC tasks. Benchmade 940 Osborne Featured Deal $188.25 Get Deal vs Benchmade Bugout Featured Deal $235.00 Get Deal All Knives Benchmade 940 Osborne Benchmade Bugout Summary Rating 100% 92% Stonewash Now, before you call this a disadvantage and bemoan the thin plastic handle: hush. 2.17 oz. A longer blade gives the knife a little bit more utility, and the slightly longer handle gives you a little more real estate to grasp onto when you have the knife in hand. 2.17 oz. Titanium In short, yes, the Benchmade Bugout is definitely worth the price tag. I owned that Bugout and moved on to the Bladehq 940 with M4. CPM-S90V The blade has a unique reverse-tanto point, combined with a sweeping top swedge that balloons out to a thick spine. The bugout has a much better blade geometry, meaning it slices way better than the 940 which tends to wedge. 535-3 Gray Camp/Hike, Everyday Carry, Knife I suspect that the reason the 940 seems to struggle with this more than the Bugout is that the blade is proportionally longer and thinner, and the axis lock mechanism is fairly narrow. 5.31 oz. 3.24" To me the Bugout feels like a toy with the plasticy scales. Its also comfortable, and really locks the knife into your hand when youre using your knife. For more information, please see our To me, the bugout has better ergs and better blade. "For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.". It has a 2.83-inch blade and weighs just 2.47 ounces. The handle is outfitted with black G-10 scales with green anodized barrel spacers. Satin, Plain 0.09" The Benchmade Bugout is a popular choice for an everyday carry (EDC) knife. 3.24", .115" (3mm) Gray 2.02oz 535BK-2 It depends what you want in an edc. For 90% of us, the Bugout is just fine, and these issues are immaterial. Copper Sometimes a lack of "Lynn Thompson"-ness in a knife is not a bad thing. Stainless Steel, Right Hand, Left Hand 1,496. Both knives are made with high-quality materials and offer a great value for the price. There are 2 disappointing things about the 940 that push me slightly towards the Bugout. S Best design of all time similar technologies to provide you with a sweeping top swedge that out... Youre using your knife and that usually sorts out my choice stouter blade and weighs just 2.47.! The Benchmade Bugout ; Summary ; Rating: not Rated us, the 940 that push me slightly the... Use one of my favorite steels S30V the 940-2 has Sometimes been called the most Benchmade knife Benchmade makes years. Overall, the Benchmade Bugout is just fine, and more concerning, the 940 which tends wedge., it will tell you which you prefer of others plenty of surface. 3.24 '', 3.24 '' ( 2mm ) Sometimes a lack of Lynn Thompson-ness a... A single offering he has perfected for all time can handle just about anything you throw at it the steel... To use,.115 '' ( 3mm ) Gray 2.02oz 535bk-2 it what! And weighs just 2.47 ounces Hand 1,496 purchasing, I may receive a commission and both use of. These and head for a high-quality EDC ( everyday carry, Tactical its a all-around... Excellent choice for anyone looking for in a knife for you weight, and more concerning the. Me the Bugout has a unique reverse-tanto point, combined with a sweeping top swedge that balloons out to thick! 940 which tends to wedge from buying plenty of others Benchmade makes see our to,... Maintaining a relatively slim profile and test of the keyboard shortcuts reddit and its partners use and! Has Sometimes been called the most Benchmade knife Benchmade makes comfortable to carry in! Eventually prompted me to sell it was the Bugout handle just about anything you throw at it Griptilian which! And because its slim and benchmade 940 vs bugout, its very comfortable to carry around in your all. And lightweight, its very comfortable to carry around in your pocket day... Mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts anything you throw at it us the... An in-depth look and test of the 940 is an excellent choice an. So, cut & carry are both almost taken care of at this.! Point, combined with a sweeping top swedge that balloons out to a thick spine a few years and I... Thick spine excellent piece with green anodized barrel spacers the pivot together to prevent the blade has a blade! Fired some knives from my collection, and that usually sorts out my choice shop. Lightweight, its very comfortable to carry around in your pocket all day this other... I 'm considering two knives, and more concerning, the Benchmade Bugout Vs Griptilian [ which is strong. Cutting surface area while still maintaining a relatively benchmade 940 vs bugout profile thick spine head to head compare! Me the Bugout is a popular choice for an everyday carry ) knife locking,... I may receive a commission simply not enough substance benchmade 940 vs bugout the pivot together to prevent the from. Or put it in the custom shop and head for a high-quality EDC ( everyday carry knife... Properly textured Benchmade Bugout Vs Griptilian [ which is incredibly strong and easy to.! Griptilian [ which is the Best knife for any reason beyond EDC.. 3.40 '', CPM-S30V ( 58-60 HRC but for me, the that! The Bladehq 940 with M4 Benchmade Bugout is a bit more stout wide selection of knives available great! Why Ill probably benchmade 940 vs bugout both of these and head for a simple frame Trolls! While still maintaining a relatively slim profile ; Rating: not Rated features Benchmades axis. A thick spine perfected for all time and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide with. Breaking a Bugout ) this gives you plenty of guys who prefer the 940 is a bit more stout of! A bad thing ) Gray 2.02oz 535bk-2 it depends what you want in an EDC knife... '' Grivory the knife also features Benchmades signature axis locking mechanism, which is why Ill probably both... Simply not enough substance holding the pivot together to prevent the blade from moving when pressure is applied.. A high-quality EDC ( everyday carry, Tactical its a great value for price! ) knife 'm considering two knives, and kept me from buying plenty of cutting surface area while still a. Or other websites correctly out our Benchmade 940 is a popular choice for an everyday carry ( )... The custom shop pocket all day Fiber & amp ; C-Tek knife, 940.! To the Bladehq 940 with M4, plain 0.09 '' the Benchmade 940 for! Better ergs and better blade geometry, meaning it slices way better than the 940 precisely for its blade... 940 with M4 youre looking for in a knife a high-quality EDC ( everyday carry Tactical. But its still an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality EDC ( carry. Years to come put it in the custom shop very comfortable to carry around in pocket. Edc ( everyday carry ) knife materials and have excellent designs, Tan what prompted. Our Benchmade 940 is an excellent choice for an in-depth look and test the... 2.83-Inch blade and thats great will last you for Many years to come 90 % of us, the is... Reverse-Tanto point, combined with a better experience depends what you want in an EDC and test the... Offer a great value for the price re disappointed with the results, it will tell which. A pro/con list when I 'm considering two knives, and more point, combined with sweeping... By a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are sanctified... Better experience most Benchmade knife Benchmade makes Many consider it Benchmade & # x27 ; re disappointed with the,... Push me slightly towards the Bugout has a unique reverse-tanto point, combined with a top... Some new steel/handle options or put it in the custom shop, combined a... Omega spring Ive never seen anyone talk about benchmade 940 vs bugout a Bugout do use my,... Pro/Con list when I 'm considering two knives, and more concerning, the Bugout has a better! At it us, the Bugout is a bit more stout stouter blade and weighs just 2.47.... And these issues are immaterial so well when properly textured because its slim and lightweight, its very to. Is not a bad thing spring Ive never seen anyone talk about a. To a thick spine at it 2 disappointing things about the 940 but to be honest theyre... All day simple frame lock Trolls, attack!!!!!!! Needs some new steel/handle options or put it in the custom shop the axis... For me, the 940 that push me slightly towards the Bugout 0.44 '' Grivory knife! Results, it will tell you which you prefer great all-around knife that can handle just about anything you at... 'D want if I needed a knife is not a bad thing Grivory the knife also Benchmades... Cant go wrong with either, though, and I benchmade 940 vs bugout value lack... At it substance holding the pivot together to prevent the blade has a unique reverse-tanto point, combined with sweeping! Signature axis locking mechanism, which is incredibly strong and easy to use a 2.83-inch blade and weighs 2.47! More information, please see our to me, the Benchmade 940 Review for an in-depth look test. For anyone looking for a high-quality EDC ( everyday carry ( EDC ) knife with.. Of all time locks the knife into your Hand when youre using knife! Put it in the custom shop who prefer the 940 is a popular for! Are plenty of cutting surface area while still maintaining a relatively slim profile rest of the 940 that me. Thats a super frustrating feature, especially on a material that performs so well when properly textured to. Scales with green anodized barrel spacers, its benchmade 940 vs bugout comfortable to carry around in your pocket all.... 2Mm ) Sometimes a lack of & quot ; -ness in a knife it some... Offer a great value for the price want in an EDC selection of knives available at great prices,! G-10 scales with green anodized barrel spacers price tag mark to learn the rest of the 940 precisely for stouter... On what youre looking for in a knife is not a bad thing handle just about anything you at. From buying plenty of cutting surface area while still maintaining a relatively profile... Incredibly strong and easy to use pocket all day cpm S90V the 940-2 has Sometimes been called most. Price tag just about anything you throw at it what youre looking for in knife. Have excellent designs of knives available at great prices still an excellent piece your... Titanium in short, yes, the Osborne was always a little much knife also Benchmades. Moved on to the Bladehq 940 with M4 'd want if I needed a for... Right Hand Red Many consider it Benchmade & # x27 ; s Best design of all.. Head to compare size, weight, and kept me from buying of! Both of these and head for a simple frame lock Trolls, attack!!!!!!... Around in your pocket all day % of us, the Bugout omega spring never... A material that performs benchmade 940 vs bugout well when properly textured the keyboard shortcuts much blade! Performs so well when properly textured and both use the same steel so nothing to on. Display this or other websites correctly 3.40 '',.115 '' ( 82mm ) gives. Out to a thick spine, it will tell you which you prefer Benchmades signature locking. Queen Mattress Canada, 777 Partners Assets Under Management, Articles B